Hotmail is among the webmail service that people choose because it is free. All registered users are given 5 GB free space to store their emails. It is even easy to use and can be customized the website by the owner of the account. There are many advantages why people use this service. Once you have your own account, you must protect it from others who wanted to do harm. There are times that a user must change its password, maybe for security purposes. Changing it is very easy and everyone must do it once in a while. This article you can read the steps on how to change your current password.
- First, select the browser where you type the website of Hotmail. In the browser, enter www.hotmail.com and go to Hotmail.com sign in page.
- Sign in to your account by providing your own username and password n the respected fields provided and then click “Sign In” button.
- When you are already on the page of your account, click the drop-don arrow which is found on the top-right part beside your name. Select the “Account” from the drop-down list displayed on the screen.
- On the Overview tab, look below the page where you see the Password and Security Info. Select the “Change password” option to start editing your password.
- Type first the current password you have on your account. Then, type also the new password you want to have for your own account. Re-enter your new password. Do not forget to click the “Save” button to save your new password.
You can now login to your account with your new password. You can change it again with the same process.
Here are also some tips you might want to know:
- Hotmail is known for over 5 years but now the name has upgraded and it is called as Windows Live Hotmail.
- Changing your password on Hotmail will also change the password of other Microsoft services you avail.
- It is best to look for tips on the best way to change your password.
You can immediately use your Hotmail account after the changing of password.