There are different types of Linksys routers which enable users to connect through wired or wireless at the same time. The range of this network device is very wide so people can connect even outside of your house and change the setting anytime you want. There are people who can manage the setting of your router without your permission. They can change the network and router passwords and the next time you cannot connect to your own internet connection. In short, this act is called hacking your network system. How can you avoid this? To protect your router from unauthorized access, you need to setup a password for your router. In this way, other people cannot connect on your internet without knowing first your password.
- Make sure your router is on and you need to go to 192.168.1.1 using your own browser on your computer or laptop. Make sure it is connected to your router with either wired or wireless.
- Just leave the username blank and then type on the password field “admin. Click “OK” button so you will be navigated on the router’s web setup page. In case you cannot login using the default password mentioned and do not know the custom one, you must restart your router.
- On the page, just press the “Administration” tab. After that press “Management” tab which is found on the left part of navigation area.
- You will now create the password of your router. Just fill in the password on the “Router Password” field and then re-enter it for confirmation on the field provided. Make sure you remember the password you have entered. You will reset again the router so you can access the setup page and back to start of this process.
- Just click the “Save Settings” so your password will be saved. It is saved instantly and you do not need to restart your router. You will now login to your new password so you can continue with your connection on your network.
These are the five simple steps you have to do when you want to put password in your Linksys router.